Monday, April 4, 2016

Procrastination

Coaxing work out of teens is an art in itself. I was prodding a kid today about his productivity or lack thereof. He looked up at me from his laptop and told me he plans to work from home on this one. I said I like your "Can Do LATER" attitude, but I'm from Missouri, the show me state. He got to work after that. With others the technology distraction is an insurmountable force. If I were savvy enough I would breach their firewalls and hack into their systems, seizing total control. Using a web cam I would present myself on the screen laughing maniacally like a sinister Bond villain. I would go in to an evil diatribe using a phony European accent, then the screen would go black. Muahahahaaahaaaah!!! Of course I'm typing this with about 15% of my stack of grading still to complete, and grades due today . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment